How well did this article answer your question?
What account types are eligible for External Transfer service?
Transfer funds allows you to add investment accounts from any of SunTrust’s affiliated online brokerage firms.
If you do not see your brokerage firm displayed, you will not be able to add brokerage accounts to your funds transfer portfolio.
At this time, you can add the following accounts to your External Transfer funds portfolio:
- Checking accounts and savings accounts held at any commercial bank or credit union nationwide that is able to accept ACH transfers.
- Investment accounts held at any of our affiliated online brokerage firms. SunTrust currently has accessibility to most of the nation’s largest brokerage companies, and several more major brokerages will be added in the near future.
The following accounts are not eligible for the SunTrust External Transfer service:
- Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs)
- Custodial and/or Trust Accounts
- Certificate of Deposits (CDs) or other time-based accounts
- Loan Accounts (including credit card and equity accounts)
For more information, go to Transferring funds to an external account FAQs.
* Federal regulation prohibits you from making more than a total of 6 transfers each month to other accounts from a savings or money market account or to third parties each month. Refer to the SunTrust Rules & Regulations for Deposit Accounts for more information.