How well did this article answer your question?
What are qualified (signature) purchases?
Qualifying Purchase(s) are new retail purchases on Your Card Account in good standing each billing cycle, minus credits/returns/adjustments. The following items are not retail purchases and therefore do not qualify:
- Payment of existing Card Account balances
- Balance Transfers
- Cash Advances (via ATM or card originations by any other means)
- Quasi Cash or Cash-Equivalent Items (e.g., travelers checks, gambling chips, and any other items that serve as cash or are convertible to cash)
- Fees/Interest that SunTrust bills
- Fraudulent/Unauthorized Transactions
- Convenience Checks
- Stored Value Cards (e.g., gift cards, prepaid cards, etc.)
- Wire Transfers
- Money Transfers
- Overdraft Advances.